Friday, July 28, 2006

21. AUTOBIO(PHOTO)GRAPHY...4

"New brooms sweep well" - they say. So also my interest in photography. I did not stop with many attempts in toning, coloring etc.. but tried my luck in some photographic competitions. It so happened the very first photograph that I sent for an inter-university competition held by Annamalai University got the first prize. The model in the photo was the father of a friend, who was also my bike-mechanic. I titled the photo: “WHAT’S STILL BEYOUND…?” (This is that photo.)


I thought the crow-feet at the corners of his eyes and the distant look he had would suit a title of that sort. Later I was told that one of the judges liked the title more than the photograph! Anyway this prize gave me confidence in photography. But more than that this brought me the full support of my family – they never accused me for the time and money that spent on this hobby. Had they tightened the bridle a little then, either I would have turned a professional or left photography altogether.

8 comments:

இயற்கை நேசி|Oruni said...

//I thought the crow-feet at the corners of his eyes and the distant look he had would suit a title of that sort. //

Yup, you got it just right. That is where your depth of knowledge and wisdom come in handy. The imagination and the way you interpret associated with the picture just a fabulous combination.

No wonder you won the first prize.

தருமி said...

dont make me blsuh, oorani!!! :)

தருமி said...

i was blushing so much that i misspelt in the previous response :(

Thekkikattan|தெகா said...

sam,

you are so full of it :-))))

Unknown said...

Congratulations.. you deserved thr prize!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations.. you deserved thr prize!!

தருமி said...

thank you, doc. anyway it was all quarter of a century old...

Priya said...

My first visit your blog. Very precise but meaningful...
Congrats ...